You can't beat a hot pudding on a chilly winter's night and this healthier saucy chocolate pudding makes it easy to indulge a little more often!
You can find everything you need in the Fresh Food Precinct at Cockburn Gateway:
- Spray oil
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, plus extra to garnish
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray six ramekins with oil.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, baking powder, prunes, half of the cocoa and half of the coconut sugar. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Add to dry mix and stir to combine.
- Divide batter evenly among ramekins. In a cup, combine remaining sugar and cocoa, then sprinkle over batter.
- Over the back of a large metal spoon, slowly pour the boiling water evenly to cover each pudding (approximately 2 tablespoons of water per pudding).
- Place puddings on an oven tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and a few raspberries, garnishing with an extra sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Original recipe by Healthy Food Guide.