Enjoy a glass of warming spiced wine in the comfort of your own home with this clever recipe by Coles.
- 6 cups (1.5L) light red wine
- 2 x 330ml bts apple cider
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 6 wholes cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks or quills
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 orange, extra, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- Combine the wine, cider and orange juice in a slow cooker. Stir in the sugar, cloves, cinnamon, star anise and vanilla. Cook on high, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until sugar dissolves and mixture is aromatic.
- Add the sliced orange and apple to the mulled wine just before serving.